Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Memories (1)

In 1986, I was assigned to cover the Asian Games in Seoul, South Korea. It was a memorable games as far as the journalists were concerned. The organization was good and efficient and the people on duty were very friendly.
After the games we were taken on a tour to Pamunjom which is the DMZ or Demilitarized Zon between South and North Korea.
We were shown the war like atmosphere with both side ready to attack at anytime and in the middle of them there is an DMZ area. We were brought there.
The picture shows me with my fellow journalists standing next to an Military Police at the "negotiation table" in Pamunjom. The other two are Datuk Fauzi Omar from NST (2nd from left) dan Johnny Yew from Malay Mail.
Seoul was good. After Seoul, I was also assigned to cover the 1990 Asian Games in Beijing.
The Lord has always been good to me. He has always been with me and I will remain in Him. I hope Maranatha comes soon.
Have a blessed day.
(Sorry about the blurred picture)

0 comments :